Friday, November 11, 2016

the last of my garden tomatoes

last of garden tomaotes IMG_8888

All my green tomatoes have now ripened in their baskets in my kitchen. They are sadly :-( the last garden tomatoes and green peppers for our salads. Tomato season has come to an end.

I have to say, however, that it's been a really super tomato year. I made sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, salsa, etc. I froze and canned about 100 pounds of tomatoes, producing 50 pounds now in my pantry and freezer. And, who knows how many tomatoes we ate fresh ... sliced on salad with mozzarella and basil ... yumm

I think this year should be crowned the "Year of the Tomato" (as well as the "Year of the Big Drought") for my gardens. I think I'll make some buttons for my sidebar.

canned tomatoes IMG_8934 canned tomatoes IMG_8935

No comments: