This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Monday, November 28, 2016

my first seed catalog!

Now I have my reading material! I'm excited to see all the pictures and descriptions of vegetables, herbs, and flowers. I think I might get my seed order in early this year.

johnny's catalog IMG_9397
So many vegetables to choose from. And this is only ONE catalog so far.
johnny's catalog eggplants IMG_9401 johnny's catalog squash IMG_9399

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dana K said...

I got my first catalog today. I've already started marking it up!

November 30, 2016 10:18 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

I love the catalogs! Mine is full of circles already. I figured I'd mark it up and then see what seeds I already have and then decide what I really have room to grow next year.

November 30, 2016 11:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use to love receiving catalogs but they ended up piling up in my library from 10-15 different seed companies each year.Online shopping has become the way of the future sadly. But I will say out of all the seed companies I've recently fell in love with Eden Brothers seed company besides their awesome website I'm truly impressed by their seeds.

December 01, 2016 11:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com














garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden