Sunday, March 09, 2014

winner - most garden catalogs!

catalogs 042 How do these companies find us??!! I moved late last year, yet I'm getting a stack of garden catalogs at my new address - maybe even more than usual.

Though I do most of my reading on-line, its still nice to have a hard copy. Catalogs are my favorite garden reading. Some have so much information.

I remember well many previous years, sitting curled up on the couch with catalogs, waiting for winter to pass.... Well, some years, I sat on bleachers as my son wrestled. Other years, in the waiting room as he had music lessons. Other years, in a car or plane as we traveled to visit relatives. Wherever, love those catalogs.

My favorites,
- BC Greenhouse Builders Limited: Beautiful greenhouses!
- FarmTek: Hoophouses!
- Territorial: Great culture and disease info. A whole refresher course.
- FedCo: More creative fruit and vegetable info than anyone else.
- Kitazawa Seed Co: So much variety in Asian vegetables!
- I didn't get a Johnny's catalog or I would have recommended them too as a second, and more extensive, vegetable culture and disease refresher course.
- And for chickens: Murray McMurray Hatchery. I mush have lost that one from bringing it around with me too much.

4 comments:

Goneferalinidaho said...

Oh my gosh, we have so many catalogs. We moved last summer too. I did change our address for Burpee, Baker Creek, and Johnny's, but we are getting wholesale catalogs and large scale greenhouse stuff as well.

Babs said...

I love the beautiful pictures in Baker's.

Connie said...

Agreed. I'm currently pouring over Prairie Moon Nursery's catalog.

Hilary said...

Kathy. Just found out about your blog from Niki Jabbour at Canada Blooms. Enjoying a first browse. I noticed you had success growing blight resistant varieties and using spray. What spray do you recommend? Are there any heirloom varieties that are resistant? Last year in the dampness of the season my neighbour and I had a lot of blight damage.