Monday, March 31, 2014

soggy crocus

soggy crocus Everything is cold and soggy, if not icy this spring. These are some sheltered crocus in my yard - trying their best to bloom.

Our local plant grower is having hard time with the cold weather. She's pulled plants out of the greenhouse and into her heated garage. I heard at Home Depot that all growers in the area are at least 2 weeks behind because of the cold weather.

Well, I'm pulling for the little crocuses. It would be cheery to see some color around here about now.

2 comments:

Janice said...

I'm enjoying your blog and thank you for making me feel like I'm not the only one. Where's Spring???

kathy said...

No, I think I'm the only one miserably waiting for warmth and sunlight! Its not easy when happiness resolves around a garden. I'm watching and waiting. Ready to go!

It seems spring may be coming finally, but I suppose it will come slowly and we still need to cool our jets and sit tight a bit. Sometimes the weather is dreary til the middle of May