A journal of my home vegetable garden. Skippy and Suzie thinks it's their garden, but I do all the work. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6). I have a community garden plot and a big new garden in my backyard. I try to grow all of my family's vegetables using sustainable organic methods.

Monday, March 31, 2014

soggy crocus

soggy crocus Everything is cold and soggy, if not icy this spring. These are some sheltered crocus in my yard - trying their best to bloom.

Our local plant grower is having hard time with the cold weather. She's pulled plants out of the greenhouse and into her heated garage. I heard at Home Depot that all growers in the area are at least 2 weeks behind because of the cold weather.

Well, I'm pulling for the little crocuses. It would be cheery to see some color around here about now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Janice said...

I'm enjoying your blog and thank you for making me feel like I'm not the only one. Where's Spring???

April 01, 2014 6:56 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

No, I think I'm the only one miserably waiting for warmth and sunlight! Its not easy when happiness resolves around a garden. I'm watching and waiting. Ready to go!

It seems spring may be coming finally, but I suppose it will come slowly and we still need to cool our jets and sit tight a bit. Sometimes the weather is dreary til the middle of May

April 02, 2014 11:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vegetable Tree iPhone App







Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct Vegetable garden kit





your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com




Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct Raised bed starter kit

Tomatoes & rose kit

Container gardening





................