This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Thursday, January 02, 2014

sweet potato sprouts

sprouting sweet potato 1 About 5 or 6 of my little sweet potatoes have sprouted now. They're in a pan with a little moisture, partially covered with plastic, in a warm spot.

sprouting sweet potatoes 2 sprouting sweet potatoes 1

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger chris vogas said...

your blog is excellent....I really liked your blog, appreciate the great information.
Garden Centre Toowoomba

January 15, 2014 7:50 AM

 
Blogger Jay said...

Those sweet potatoes look like they will make it - at least some of them. What variety is that - is it All Purple?

January 17, 2014 5:31 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

I have a mix of Beauregard, Hannah, and Jewel sweets. I think the one I'm holding is a Jewel.

January 18, 2014 9:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden