This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

another egg

first two eggs My second egg! This one is medium brown with a few dark speckles. Penny, my Black Australorp, is the one who lays that color egg. Yeah Penny! Penny's first egg is a quite a bit bigger than Ginger's first egg yesterday. Both eggs are probably a size that would be called "peewee".

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Tomato Thymes said...

Wow how exciting!

January 28, 2014 9:50 PM

 
Anonymous Grow a Good Life said...

Congrats again! Woohooo! My flock raised last summer is finally all laying. They lay small at first, My Black Australorp, Halle was laying good sized eggs within a few days. My Easter Eggers lay slightly smaller eggs.

January 28, 2014 10:49 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

It seems so amazing to just walk out back to the hen house and get eggs. It's like when I grew my first carrot! I am so thrilled.

January 28, 2014 11:04 PM

 
Blogger Stefani Bel said...

I didn't visit your blog for a few days and all of a sudden you get two eggs!!! lol! I know you've been waiting for this. Congrats again! Love to follow your story.

January 29, 2014 9:09 AM

 
OpenID Pam Phillips said...

Such a pretty pair!

January 29, 2014 10:30 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Yes Stefani, Suddenly I have laying hens! It caught me by surprise too.

January 29, 2014 5:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden