This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Friday, October 22, 2010

this weekend's tasks

Not much garden work left for this weekend.

One last bed to clear out.
Print and post fall/winter information notice on bulletin board at community gardens.
Garlic: Locate new bed, transplant volunteers, figure out how many saved bulbs to plant and plant them. My son wants to help - he wants to earn $$ for some project of his. I love to have his help.

I meant to plant garlic a couple weeks ago, but didn't get it gone. The garlic planting time is pretty flexible. I'm looking forward to this!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger meemsnyc said...

I just planted garlic. I can't wait until spring to see what develops.

October 23, 2010 1:36 AM

 
Anonymous daphne said...

you're such a hard working girl. . I like that because you enjoyed the things that you have but don't forget to rest. Me has a garden too, healthy tomatoes.

October 23, 2010 2:46 AM

 
Blogger MUDNYC said...

I just planted my garlic this past week and for the first time I actually measured the spacing between the bulbs/rows. Is it spring yet?

October 23, 2010 9:23 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

I got 40 cloves of garlic planted today! Actually my son planted it. Think I need more, but need to go back and see how many I planted last year to figure out how much more to plant now.

I'm very happy to be planting cloves I grew. Free!

October 23, 2010 9:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden