Tuesday, October 19, 2010

pumpkins on the doorsteps

pumpkins 6 pumpkins 7
pumpkins 4 pumpkins 8
pumpkins 1 pumpkins 2

When Skippy and I walked around the neighborhood yesterday, I brought my camera and took pictures of the pumpkins. I just love seeing pumpkins on doorsteps. One of the houses we walked by had big bunches of onions drying in the doorway too. All the fruits of the season - and its been a really great season for growing vegetables.

pumpkins 5

I will have to add a photo of my pumpkins on my doorsteps. Soon.

7 comments:

meemsnyc said...

I love pumpkins on the doorsteps. Fall is awesome!

biobabbler said...

Aw, that's SO lovely! Such neighborhood spirit. And HOW cool is that with all the onions? SOMEone's (also) cookin' with gas. Pumpkins just seem so content to me. =)

Marian(LondonUK) said...

Fantastic fun. I would put a couple outside but they would probably be stolen. We had lots of pumpkins stolen from our allotment site, just the orange ones though no other type of squash. Cash sale I reckon!
I love how the US celebrates and decorates from now to Christmas.
Marian (London UK)

Layanee said...

The pumpkins are such happy sights aren't they? Your dinner looks scrumptious.

Dan said...

All those onions are pretty cool!

daphne said...

Oh those pumpkins is so cute. .PICKAABOO=)

Stephen said...

Oh my! Perfect for Halloween! Lovely decorations.. Nice..