Saturday, August 22, 2009

mexican cole claw

cole slaw ingredients
frying taco shells taco with slaw

I got the idea for this Mexican cole slaw recipe from a TV show on fish tacos. Its great with any kind of tacos - and maybe even any meal. Perfect with fresh homegrown cabbage. The unexpected combination of cabbage, lime juice and cilantro is just fantastic.

RECIPE
1 cup cabbage, sliced
1 scallion, chopped
1 tsp lime juice
2 tsp sour cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 slices pickled jalapenos

Mix all ingredients. Use more or less of everything to your taste, but don't use too much sour cream (or jalapenos!). Makes 2 servings.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thing for you that I live in CA, or I'd be at your door for dinner! I'm going to make this...with farmer's market veggies...and too many jalapenos!

kathy said...

Hi Aliceb! Make sure you have a cool beverage handy after all those jalapenos.

tinapuntasecca said...

Hatch Jalapenos? From Hatch, NM..? I grew up 30 minutes from Hatch, the chile capital of the world. In Ohio now,I cant find Hatch products anywhere...you're lucky :)

The recipe sounds great, I am going to try it!

kathy said...

I even bought a fresh Hatch chile last week. Its chile season! We chopped it up with the chicken that went into the tacos. Very tasty. Our local Whole Foods has some good items.

(You could mail order - click on Hatch above for a link that looks nice.)

tinapuntasecca said...

thanks! I can taste them now..!

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Yummie, it looks really tasty. I love mexican inspired food.

Tyra