Wednesday, February 15, 2017

white house vegetables

I heard the new First Lady will keep the White House Vegetable Garden!! "The First Garden". I am so pleased that she values home gardening. I was impressed with the new President's statement to the Japanese Prime Minister:
"Both our countries' histories and cultures are steeped in the nurture and nature of gardening. Having knowledge of different cultures and customs is a wonderful way to learn and to explore. Gardening teaches us the fundamentals in care and the evolution of living things, all while inspiring us to nurture our minds and to relax and strengthen our bodies."
Wow. That's great.

3 comments:

Karen Anne said...

That is great. I wonder who wrote it for him. I didn't think he had anyone competent on his staff.

blueberry1946 said...

I am pleased to hear that the First Lady plans on keeping the First Garden! I love that, and happy for Melania to have a place right at home to connect with the earth. Makes me smile.

And in our melting pot we are blessed to acquaint with other cultures and customs by visiting Chinatown, Little Italy, an Irish Pub or a German festival . . it's a nice thought to extend the exploration to gardens . . something I hadn't really thought of, so I too am impressed with the new President's statement to the Japanese Prime Minister.

Possum said...

Certainly doesn't sound like Trump.