Saturday, July 06, 2013

vacation from the garden

Boy, am I looking forward to get back in my garden!

I've spent the past week in the mountains of Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Idaho. With my two sisters and our families we had an amazing adventure. At Yellowstone, we saw herds of 2000+ bison with newborn calves, we wandered through alpine flower fields in a July hailstorm (altitude 11,000 feet), we watched coyotes hunting, grizzly bears mating and black bear cubs loping after their mothers. We stayed at a remote cabin in a Montana valley - a great location to catch up with family. Then we visited my sister's new home (and her garden) in Bozeman MT.

Soon I hope to post photos of my sisters garden. Soon also, I hope to get on a plane out of Salt Lake City back to Boston. I've been sad to hear about crash of the plane in SF. Our flight has been delayed 3 hours, since our plane was coming from SF and the airport is closed. They are finding another plane for us. I look forward to getting home to Skippy. Also, to seeing my garden after a week away. Teton National Park 026

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dream. I will do it one day with my boyfriend. May be by then he will be my husband :P
Hulya

Brandon said...

Its always surprising to leave your garden for a week and see how quickly its grown.