Wednesday, August 01, 2012

skippy

Skip 079 Skip 122 skip 131
Skippy and I spent the afternoon at my community garden plot today. After a bit of weeding and setting up my tomato tent, the skies got really dark. I have a big umbrella stashed under the lilac bush and we hunkered down under it. Turns out the old umbrella has developed a few holes. We stayed mostly dry as the skies opened up. Thunder and giant rain drops for about half an hour. Skippy moved around to avoid the drips and we stayed pretty dry. I amused myself taking photos of rain drops and mud.

2 comments:

Chorizo said...

Is it really hot there? How is Skippy coping with the weather? Chorizo is only going for short walks, with water and when he was groomed recently, he was really cut close.

kathy said...

It is HOT here, too. 90's and humid. Skippy got a very short clip and is pretty comfortable. He hangs out in the cool house as much as he can, but he needs at least an hour of walking utside everyday or he paces at night. When we walk, he heads fast to the swimming hole. He loves to be wet!

Skippy almost always comes to the garden with me when I work there. He has a table he goes underneath and he digs down in the cool dirt there. His hole is getting to be nearly 3 ft deep now. I fill his water bowl and he naps and digs while I work.

Skippy really likes to be clean, especially in the hot weather. I find a bath weekly makes him more comfortable.