Thursday, July 05, 2012

summer on the water

Fireworks, thunderstorms and shark warnings... Its summer. I've been on vacation this week. Today, we were fishing on Cape Cod Bay on "the Roxy" from Rock Harbor, Orleans MA. It was a wonderful day with awesome fishing. Beautiful sun and water. The catch for the boat was 11 bluefish (8 kept) and 2 striped bass.

We grilled a super fresh filet of bass this evening with new summer garden produce: the first cucumbers and zucchini squashes, fresh grated horseradish, ripe Meyer lemon, new garlic. My mom and I made roast potato salad with the first potatoes of the season, and coleslaw with garden napa and carrots.

Can't beat it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Hayes (Roxy) are good people. Enjoy Orleans.

-Josh

Cher' Shots said...

Sounds fun and oh so tasty!
hugs from afar

Anonymous said...

This is just a wonderful day that I would laved to have as well.
I have some questions;
1-Did you remove all your potatoes. I have my potatoes for a first time in my garden and mom says She removed hers but I am not sure if I should yet. Some are yellowed on the leaves some still green.
2-Will you plant fall potatoes?
3-Are you going to plant fall cabbages, bruessel-sprouds, if so did you seed them already?
Thanks Kathy :]
Huli

blueberry1946 said...

Hard not to have a good time out there on Cape Cod! A few weeks back I had the pleasure of visiting The Beachcomber in Wellfleet . . my oh my. This was quite a contrast as my usual visits to the Cape include a tent and cooking over a campfire.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.