Saturday, July 28, 2012

July photos of my gardens

This is my side yard garden. The beds are getting sun about 11 am to 2:30 pm now because of trees to the east and west. But is is really sheltered and warm here, especially in the open cold frame against the south wall of the house.

side garden 009
side garden 019 side garden 022
side garden 020

And this is my community plot - with completely full sun.
July plot 043
July plot 031 July plot 084
July plot 033 July plot 057
July plot 054
July plot 068
July plot 076 July plot 079

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I'm in love with your gardens! I attempted to rent a community plot this year and plant a veggie garden but the weeds got the best of me. I hoping to have a better plan in place next year. It's fun following your blog and viewing all your hard work.

pam_chesbay said...

Your gardens - both of them - are lovely, and give me ideas about new plants to include - hyssop, agastache, echinacea.

You do a fabulous job of keeping your gardens filled - I haven't mastered the fine art of succession planting so often have empty areas that quickly fill with weeds. I'm spending too much time weeding. Seems like you always have replacement plants ready to plunk in when a variety is done. That may be the key. ;-)

kathy said...

I spend a lot of time weeding, especially in the spring. You could experiment with weed fabric. A lot of gardeners at our Gardens use this. In this hot summer weather it seems the weeds have slowed down a bit. But maybe it's just that the big plants have shaded the soil.

I love to plant seeds and tend them in my trays inside under lights, so I end up with more seedlings than I need. I am looking forward to starting my winter spinach and other greens soon.