Tuesday, February 14, 2012

valentine's day

pairs 033
redtails 2-8 B pairs 039

I keep hearing that Valentine's Day is a made up holiday. As I look around, the birds are pairing off, the squirrels are chasing each other, and coyotes are threatening suburban small pets as they begin their breeding season. And my planting calendar says its 11 weeks before my last frost - time to start planting seeds!!! Of course this celebration of love is based on the season!

There are several online sources to look up Valentine's Day origins and each tells a different story....

In any case, I'll celebrate by planting my first seeds of the season, onions and celeriac. Maybe a couple very early tomatoes too. Yesterday I ordered my seed potatoes. The season is moving ahead fast ....

Happy Valentine's Day!

redtails 2-8 C

4 comments:

The Sage Butterfly said...

How apt to feature couples on Valentine's Day...and I love your choices..special, beautiful, and real. Happy Valentine's Day!

Tomato Thymes said...

Great pictures and post.
Happy Valentines!

Lisa

Tree Seeds said...

Love the Ducks

Yael at Home Garden Diggers said...

Kathy,

The pictures are wonderful. Love the images of the hawks.

Yael