Wednesday, November 23, 2011

harvest

harvest 054
harvest 063 harvest 046
greens 072

Another good week in the garden. I didn't know there was anything left to harvest. Thought small carrot and beet tops meant no roots. But when I pulled them I found lots of nice baby roots for both. Delicious!

And I hadn't looked close at my patch of fall greens to see the baby bok choy. These were excellent sauteed with garlic and ginger.

I was able to pick a full bowl of salad greens - some curly red lettuce, mizuna, cilantro, and other greens/purples whose names I don't know. (The arugula left from spring was too sharp too eat.)

4 comments:

Karla said...

How do you save your leeks? I had a lot more success this year than I expected and I have a good dozen or so more leeks still in the ground. If I don't do something soon the temps will drop and they'll freeze there.

kathy said...

My leeks just go in plastic in the fridge. I try to use them in place of onions anytime I can. Maybe someone else knows of a way to store them. Maybe freeze a big batch of leek and potato soup!

Karen Anne said...

Some of my roses are in bloom...

Leah said...

I'm curious when your last planting was to have the small greens + salad greens to harvest about now. Maybe it will help me plan for a November harvest next year!