Monday, July 12, 2010

wild garlic

wild garlic 5
wild garlic 3 wild garlic 6

This year, the fields near our community garden are filled with wild garlic. Much more than previous years. There seem to be two different varieties, one with a larger flower (photos above) and the other smaller (photo below).

I am assuming its wild garlic. It has small heads with 3 or 4 cloves, like garden garlic. Much of the wild garlic photos I see on line are a pretty white flowered variety with wide flat leaves. This is quite different.

wild garlic

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are the pictures of your garlic??!

Carys of the 13 and a half cats said...

the last few posts have been picture-free -- is that intentional?

carys

meemsnyc said...

hmmm, looks like something is going on with this post.

kathy said...

Oops. I am behind in posting. I will add post and photos of fantastic wild garlic in the fields soon.

Stephanie from GardenTherapy.ca said...

I see the pictures and those sell for a bunch of $$ as "hair alliums". I'[ve been wanting some for my garden and you get them wild. lucky.

Jennifer Swanton Brown said...

that is a beautiful photo, Kathy, garlic is a lovely thing, and you've captured the flowering bits so delicately.