Friday, November 30, 2007

Skippy

skip
Skippy's getting his long winter coat now. Good timing.

That's the last of my garden parsley in front of him. The kale is to his left - and is just about ready for a good bowl of Portuguese kale soup. Yummy. That's about all thats still edible in my garden now. This past week I harvested the beets and escarole. The frozen peas are just above Skippy's head. They bloomed, but didn't produce any peas before the temperature fell. The chard and broccoli also froze before producing a harvest. I'll keep this timing in mind for next years plantings.

more pictures of skip
posts about Skippy

1 comment:

Priscilla George said...

I could go for some Kale Soup. My parents are Portuguese and live on the Azores island. That is the only soup I like to eat. Need to make some now that you reminded me.