Thursday, November 16, 2006

thanksgiving menu

yellow chardred chard
beetscarrots
I have been planning my Thanksgiving menu. I will have 10 people to serve: my parents, my brother and his family, my mother-in-law and us. I am hoping to serve fresh vegetables from my garden: Sauteed Swiss Chard, Glazed Carrots and a dish of roasted winter vegetables that will include beets. I have lots of carrots, so that one should work out. I'm hoping to have enough chard and beets. One week of growing time left. Temperatures were up close to 70 degrees F today, so things are growing.

beets (Beta vulgaris)

1 comment:

Sean Carter said...

I'm sure it feels great when you serve stuiffs grown in your own garden....and i'm sure everything will turn out jut great...and hey if you want some nice ideas and suggestions then just visit my Thanksgiving Blog sometime and find out all it's got to offer....have a great Thanksgiving!!!!