This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

today's harvest

The last of my garlic, a couple cucumbers, and three very beautiful beets.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we buy the last of the farm stand garlic around Thanksgiving. That becomes our seed garlic.

July 31, 2017 5:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this post is missing a picture

August 01, 2017 9:55 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

I've very slow with adding the pictures. I often enter text with my cell phone, but can't enter the pictures from it. Maybe I can add some tonight.

August 01, 2017 4:56 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

That's a good way to get seed garlic. Then you know you have a type that grows well in your area.

I generally save the biggest heads from one year and plant them the next. About 10-15 heads, so I can plant about 100 cloves. I think I've only bought seed garlic twice in the past 10 years.

August 01, 2017 4:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com














garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden