This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

winter walk

The temperatures have been so nice and warm here the past week. Suzie, Charley, and I had a great walk yesterday. We walked around the fields of a small CSA farm, around the empty greenhouse, piled tomato stakes, and dried stalks of corn and Brussels sprouts. The dogs got all muddy - that's the trade off for warm weather.

winter walk IMG_0177
winter walk IMG_0175 winter walk IMG_0176
winter walk IMG_0190 winter walk IMG_0185
winter walk IMG_0196

1 Comments:

Blogger blueberry1946 said...

Spectacular photographs! And some very happy puppies!

February 28, 2017 1:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com














garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden