This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

snow shoeing to my garden

Ten days after my last post and our scenery is whiter. And colder. We had 10 inches of snow Thursday and another 3 or 4 last night. It looks like we're in a snowy pattern with more to come.

snow shoeing to  garden IMG_1876

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

better head to the grocery store for bread and milk!

February 12, 2017 5:22 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Got those!
Since I'm stuck inside a while again today, (12-18 falling) with lots of leeks and potatoes, and a pile butternut squash, I think I'll make l&p soup and squash bread. 2 of my favorites.

February 12, 2017 10:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will you share your squash bread recipe?

February 12, 2017 12:17 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

I will! I haven't made it yet, but still planning to. It's a recipe on my site so you can search "squash bread". ((My recipe was published in the Boston Globe.) When I make it, and the leek soup (somewhere on my site too), I'll link to both recipes. (Too many things have gotten in my way this week.) :-/

February 13, 2017 6:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com














garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden