This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

my first tomatoes!!

first tomatoes of the season



Anonymous Anonymous said...

It never gets old, does it? :)

July 18, 2014 5:10 PM

Anonymous Dana K said...

What type are they? I planted Jet Star for the first time this year and I just picked two of them today.

July 19, 2014 7:10 PM

Blogger Stewart Dorman said...

Looking good.

July 20, 2014 2:22 AM

Blogger kathy said...

They are Red Siberian. An heirloom tomato from Siberia. I planted the seeds March 8. They are producing way ahead of all my other tomatoes.

Of course I have this soil issue that is slowing them all down. Beginning to think like Laura that it's herbicide residue in the loam I bought to start my garden. I'm looking forward to having an old established garden so I know it's all organic.

July 20, 2014 11:26 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "4th Of July" variety tomato is always the first to produce in my garden. A small salad tomato that produces all through the summer and has great flavor.

August 10, 2014 3:55 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden