This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Monday, August 06, 2012

harvest given away

harvest 019 This is my produce of the last few days. More than I can use. I hAd hoped to bring it to our local food pantry, but realized today that its only open every other Tuesday - not tomorrow. So I left these vegetables by the path to our Community Gardens. They were all gone when I checked back a few hours later. (yeah!!)

I'm thinking about making a little table at the Gardens so we can leave our extra vegetable as donations in this location. (I'll watch the curbside trash and yard sales for a suitable one.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

Mmmmm... What a great harvest!!!! So kind of you to share for the taking. Been checking you garden from time to time - you are truly a master Gardner! Well, you and Skippy both. :-)

August 09, 2012 3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden