This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

what is this?

pink flower 173
pink flower 175 pink flower 176

We saw many of these beautiful flowers in Vermont on our recent vacation and couldn't figure out what it is. Looks like a wild rose or a berry bramble maybe, but with five lobed, maple-like leaves. I'm hoping someone can ID it for me. Thanks in advance!



Blogger BarbaraS said...


July 15, 2010 1:30 PM

Blogger icebear said...

looks a bit like a cinquefoil.... do they come in that color?

July 15, 2010 1:53 PM

Blogger meemsnyc said...

That is pretty! Not sure what kind of flower it is.

July 15, 2010 1:55 PM

Blogger Marianne said...

Looks like Thimbleberry (Rubus odoratus) to me:

July 15, 2010 2:09 PM

Anonymous Carys of the 13 and a half cats said...

i agree with marianne, it looks a lot like a thimbleberry to me.

July 15, 2010 2:38 PM

Blogger kathy said...

Great. Thanks!

July 15, 2010 4:02 PM

Blogger Emily said...

It's called Purple flowering raspberry also, though the fruit which comes in August/September is supposedly bland tasting.

July 16, 2010 9:21 AM

Blogger Matron said...

Those leaves definitely look like some sort of berry. If you bruise them and sniff do they have a scent?

July 16, 2010 1:31 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden