This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Sunday, May 02, 2010

wild flowers

wildflowers 033 wildflowers 032
wildflowers 070 wildflowers 025
wildflowers 029 wildflowers 069
wildflowers 066

Wildflowers:
1 I don't know
2 Wild geranium
3 Lily of the Valley (my mom says this is not a wildflower and someone must have planted it here years ago)
4 Wild trilium
5 Bellwort
6 Solomon's seal
7 Wood violets

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I love Lily of the Valley!

May 02, 2010 11:19 PM

 
OpenID Pam Phillips said...

#1 is celandine.

May 03, 2010 9:18 AM

 
Blogger Lily Wideaux said...

Beautiful post! I love lily of the valley as well.

I have a lot of beautiful flowers in my garden as well :

http://www.bmfessentials.blogspot.com

May 03, 2010 1:31 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Thanks for the celandine ID. We were trying to figure this out. I hope I can remember the name - its a difficult one.

Celandine is a European native brought to America to for its medicinal properties, especially curing warts.

May 03, 2010 8:51 PM

 
Anonymous Flowers said...

Stunning picture of the flowers, will definitely make my day. Keep posting.

May 07, 2010 1:28 AM

 
Anonymous shalymere said...

I've seen it before but i don't know its name but its beautiful.

March 24, 2011 12:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden