This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

a toast to the new season

martini with olives

We've done a lot of planting this weekend. Soon I'll have fresh homegrown vegetables for my martini. Radish, then carrots, then cucumbers, onions, melons, apples, pears .... And maybe I can discover a new martini this year. Today's martini is traditional - a couple of nice olives. Cheers!

Note added: Oliver sent me this link http://www.gineralelection.com/. Cute site. Now I'm really looking forward to fresh cukes - with Hendricks. (I think Oliver may work for them, but the site (and gin) is good anyway.)

martini 074

(click on the link below to see previous martinis)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger KatieLovesDogs said...

Cheers!

April 25, 2010 8:23 PM

 
Blogger Zazu Ta said...

Cheers & salud.

I was just talking to my husband about your blog. I have been following you for a while now... ( in a non stalky way)...
And i just want to thank you for helping me realise my passion. I am now looking for farm land, away from this concrete polluted jungle where I can do my life's work.

Again thank you for inspiring me. I hope one day I can do the same for someone!

April 26, 2010 4:39 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

I am really jealous!!! What fun.

April 26, 2010 10:41 AM

 
Blogger Siren said...

cheers to spring and getting our plants in the ground! we have nice gentle rains here, brings tender plants and lots of WEEDS!

April 26, 2010 7:25 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Hendrick's gin is fabulous, I hope you enjoy it.

May 02, 2010 7:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden