This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Skippy in the garden

skippy in the garden 2

I forgot my regular camera lens today and was looking for a subject for my macro/portrait lens. Skippy! He got a bit annoyed with me, but he's awfully cute....

skippy in the garden 7 skippy in the garden 6
skippy in the garden 3 skippy in the garden 1
skippy in the garden 4 skippy in the garden 8



Blogger Sheila said...

He looks like the perfect subject!

July 22, 2009 11:58 PM

Blogger Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

He's so cute! I love the expressions he makes. -Jackie

July 23, 2009 12:20 AM

OpenID henbogle said...

I just discovered blight on my tomatoes (sob). How is the fungicide you are using working? It is helping? I'm wondering if I should try it on my potatoes, which so far are ok, and the few tomatoes in my hoop house. Thanks for any advice,

July 23, 2009 7:52 AM

Blogger Kelly said...

Give Skippy some doggy love for me, he is so sweet!

July 23, 2009 8:24 AM

Blogger kathy said...

Oh the blight is a real nightmare Ali. The copper spray slows it down a bit. I haven't gotten around to getting a stronger fungicide yet.

I found yesterday that my harvested potato tubers are getting blight in storage. There must be contamination in them and after a couple weeks in storage they get all brown inside and white outside. Yuck...

Can't say I know the best advice.

July 23, 2009 10:13 AM

Blogger Donna said...

Hi! I'm really enjoying your blog, love your eye's view of your garden. I'm a big gardener myself and new blogger from PA.

I've noticed some early blight and a little Septoria leaf spot on my tomatoes, but thankfully no late blight yet. (Crossing fingers, toes and eyes.)

I also have a gardening dog, my yellow lab. The garden is her favorite place and I must guard my harvest or she'll gobble it up. Give Skippy a belly rub for me!


July 23, 2009 10:12 PM

Blogger alice said...

It looks like you have sicced Skippy after the blight...if only he could scare it off. Very handsome companion!

July 24, 2009 11:43 AM

Blogger Sue said...

Skippy is a handsome dog!

July 31, 2009 11:01 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden