This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

mid summer wildflowers

joe pye weed
loosestife and queen annes lace goldenrod

I'm adding some pretty photos to follow the warty toad and blighted potatoes. The fields near our community gardens are beautiful now with bright mid summer colors. Joe Pye Weed is always my favorite. Its just starting to bloom. Also lots of golden rod, purple loosestrife, milkweed, vetch and Queen Anne's Lace.

wildflowers, weeds, invasives and natives

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Amy said...

Last year I planted a butterfly garden surrounding my veggie garden. It's finally starting to bloom. Flowers and vegetables.., what could be better!

July 26, 2009 4:43 PM

 
Blogger Sue said...

Yes, all gardens need some flowers. Purple loosestrife is on the list of not allowed to grow here in Nebraska.

Great photos!

July 31, 2009 10:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden