Sunday, July 12, 2009

fall planting calendar

fall planting calendar

I put in a date I think is about right for my first fall frost and generated a fall planting calendar for myself. (Here's the calendar link.)

I'm wondering if everything seems right here. I'm surprised to see its already late to plant beans. And I hope my broccoli will be big enough to transplant in a couple weeks. I should put in a sowing date for broccoli, collards, etc.

I'm not very good with fall timing. If anyone has time to leave comments on how to update this tool, I'd appreciate it.

I suppose fall planting is harder than spring, because that first frost is so final.

8 comments:

Adriana said...

I can't wait for fall planting!!!

Shawn Ann said...

This is a helpful tool. I too am surprised to be a little late getting some things started/transplanted.

Kelly said...

Everything seems off, probably because it seems odd to be planting a fall crop when some of our Spring planted crops haven't hit full speed yet. Luckily I sowed beans and carrots over the weekend, where has the summer gone? Guess I should get some leeks and others in as well. Thanks for the fall planting nudge!!

TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

I have no room for fall beans; they're supposed to go in where my peas are, but the peas are still going strong. Meep.

Anonymous said...

this calendar I like most

justice

Outsources BPO & Call Centre Solution

Wayne Stratz said...

very cool. will play with this soon.

Cate said...

I have enjoyed greatly using your online spring planting guide. I was excited to see the link to the fall planting guide as well, but the link for that one seems to be broken - I just get an error code.

Cate said...

I have greatly enjoyed using your spring planting guide generator,and was delighted to find a link for a fall one. However, the fall calendar link just goes to an error page, so I was wondering if you had an updated link for it. Thanks so much! - Catie