This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Sunday, April 19, 2009


seedings 2
seedlings tomato seedlings
cabbage 2 cabbage 3
beets 1
spines lemon basil
marigold 1 marigold 4
marigold 5

Some of my seedlings. I love all the colors.


Anonymous Tessa at Blunders with shoots, blossoms 'n roots said...

They look great & very healthy! Your spring is going well looks like. Happy gardening!

April 19, 2009 12:56 AM

Anonymous trish from SE PA said...

The plants look fantastic!I think I may have torched a good number of tomato and peppers when I put them out for some sun the other day. I saw a comment that someone else had done the same; they may come back.If they do I will have some to give the neighbor who is back from Florida. I am very impatient for the warmer nights so I can get some in the ground. I do have onions and peas ( I think ) coming up. Yeah!

April 19, 2009 10:10 AM

Blogger Laura said...

Awesome photos! I've got to get a better camera!

April 19, 2009 11:41 AM

Blogger Wayne Stratz said...

wonderful photos. and I am impressed with myself with how many I recognize ;')

I am impressed with the parsley, I have had a lack of luck with sowing them over the years.

April 19, 2009 12:49 PM

Anonymous Taylor said...

Look at 'em go! The textures and colors and shapes are magnificent!

April 19, 2009 1:16 PM

Blogger saturday's child said...

These are gorgeous photos and stunning seedlings.

April 19, 2009 7:15 PM

Blogger Sue said...

What lovely babies you have there! I have been taking pics of mine, but haven't made a post yet. I have started the hardening off process at a small size, because I don't want to plant them in bigger pots if I can help it.

Great pics!

April 19, 2009 9:55 PM

Blogger Kim said...

Kathy, you have a great eye! Love your photos.

April 19, 2009 10:08 PM

Blogger Matron said...

Isn't it just so exciting to watch the seedlings germinate and grow. Every day there is something new to look at.

April 22, 2009 3:35 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden