This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April showers and flowers

another hellebore
old hellebore tulip bud
scilla little tulips
daffodil bud daffodil


Blogger Roxi Phillips said...

Yours photos are spectacular! May I ask what kind of camera/lens you use? Thanks for sharing so much gardening info. with us all!

April 22, 2009 8:46 PM

Blogger waystar said...

My squill is almost done. I love that stuff, even more than crocuses.

April 22, 2009 9:00 PM

Blogger Kateri said...

Beautiful photos!

April 22, 2009 11:49 PM

Blogger aliceb said...

Love the spring flowers!! They scream "alive".

April 23, 2009 2:39 AM

Blogger Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

Asolutely gorgeous! What are the blue flowers? Are they blue bells? I love them and have them my garden.

April 23, 2009 11:39 PM

Blogger kathy said...

The blue is Scilla Siberica or Siberian squill.

April 24, 2009 12:07 AM

Blogger kathy said...

My camera is an SLR digital Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi. I took these photos with my multipurpose zoom lens - an EF-S 17-85MM f4-5.6 IS USM lens.

I also have a nice macro lens - a Canon EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro. It has a large aperture, which narrows depth of field and creates background blur, making the subject stand out.

April 24, 2009 12:15 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden