This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Friday, April 03, 2009

April rain

drop on stem drops on fence
tree blossom drops tiny drops

Skippy got way ahead of me on our walk today. I was taking pictures of raindrops. No shortage of raindrops this week. Also lots of little buds. Leaf buds and flower buds.

9 Comments:

Anonymous kev said...

Wow! This is amazing! I have seen a big increase in the people visiting this site. A year ago, there were mostly about 4 people each time. Now it's around 10!

April 04, 2009 12:26 AM

 
Anonymous Kendra @ A Sonoma Garden said...

Beautiful pictures! I especially like the one on the bottom right. Gorgeous.

April 04, 2009 12:40 AM

 
Blogger Laura said...

Beautiful photos!

April 04, 2009 10:41 AM

 
Blogger Rowena... said...

All very unique and beautiful photos, and I wonder if there was a way to determine a person's personality based on what picture they thought best. Interesting thought anyway, and I like the one on the top right!

April 04, 2009 11:32 AM

 
Blogger Kateri said...

Those photos are so beautiful. Yay for spring!

April 04, 2009 4:20 PM

 
Blogger Sally said...

You could sell photos like these! It's been a frustrating gardening week here because of all the rain. It looks like you found a good way to take advantage of it.

April 04, 2009 6:36 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Gee, my favorite by far is the top left and no one else picked that one.

I keep looking for a photo that would look good framed on my wall. My photos aren't really interesting enough to stand alone. But maybe a set of four together would work. Anyway, I'm still looking for one to enlarge for my dining room wall.

I have sold a couple photos. A very boring picture of salt marsh hay for a Better Homes and Gardens book on gardening. And a very beautiful photo of a tomato to a new seed company. But I don't think I'll quit my day job yet.

April 05, 2009 6:43 PM

 
Blogger Jonelle Doughty said...

I love these photos as a series! They're perfect together and would look beautiful framed on a wall!

(Been reading your blog for a while now and really enjoy it. These photos required a comment!)

April 06, 2009 12:28 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

Kathy, these are awesome. Makes me want to go out and buy a raincoat for my camera.

April 07, 2009 6:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden