This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

wheelbarrows in the snow

wheelbarrows in the snow

Another set of photos I took Thursday at the community garden plots. The wheelbarrows look forlorn. Our weather has been miserable. 22*F and windy. Ice on everything.

6 Comments:

Blogger mostlygardener said...

I love your photography!

January 10, 2009 2:58 PM

 
Blogger alice said...

This one made me smile instantly! while yesterday I got lost in the beautiful clouds. Great captures Kathy.

January 10, 2009 3:02 PM

 
Blogger Dan said...

I like the top right one the best, the one standing up. Great framing.

January 10, 2009 7:56 PM

 
Blogger Stewart said...

Fantastic, something I'll probably never experience in my life. Great photo's. I love snow but don't think I could live in it.

January 10, 2009 8:48 PM

 
Anonymous mary kay said...

I look so forward to your posts, Kathy. I'm a new gardener and have caught the gardening bug. I follow your lead and you have been so helpful. I've made a lot of mistakes last year but have learned so much. We started a new business and my garden is my refuge from pressure and stress!!

January 11, 2009 9:36 AM

 
Blogger Leon Hale said...

Wheelbarrows have many uses, as we're discussing on my blog:
http://blogs.chron.com/leonhale

These in the snow remind us that what we think of cold in Texas really doesn't cut it.

Will check your posts as the season begins. We're working on our vegetable garden, too, for the first time in a long while.

January 30, 2009 3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden