This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Pea harvest

Well, this is my pea harvest for the year. Three packages of pea seeds. A mix of snap and snow peas. My peas just didn't sprout well and they grew slowly. Same as in previous years. It was suggested I add innoculum, which I will try next year if I don't give up on peas. The lettuce is a much better use of space for us. By the way, I steamed the peas (5 min) and served them with fancy French sea salt. Very tasty.

Pisum sativum


Anonymous Repellent Review said...

I've given up on peas. The soil where I had them was too rocky maybe. Resort to buying them at the market. Fresh peas are so good!

July 26, 2006 11:17 AM

Blogger carletongardener said...

I'm all for giving up on growing them.

July 26, 2006 5:51 PM

Blogger Carol said...

I almost gave up, but tried again this spring and had my best pea crop ever. And it took literally years of trying.

June 03, 2007 9:46 AM

Anonymous Patrick said...

It doesn't seem like inoculant was your problem.

I hope the capucijners do better. In my experience they are hardier and more prolific than most other pea plants.

June 06, 2007 4:05 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden