This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Green, green, green

I just took this picture of my garden from the second floor window. So much green!

aerial view

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Your vegetable garden is gorgeous!

July 31, 2006 11:51 AM

 
Blogger Myrtle Luma said...

Wow, I love your vegetable garden - it is beautiful and very, very green.

July 31, 2006 2:25 PM

 
Blogger Christa said...

Looks so green and fresh! Many plants in my D.C. garden have been getting yellowish with all the heat and humidity we've had. We need a good soaking rain to give things a lift.

July 31, 2006 10:27 PM

 
Blogger carletongardener said...

New England has had no shortage of rain this year. Everywhere it is green. I think a little cool and late on harvesting though. I harvested my first Early Girl tomato today, and my Brandywine are just starting to bloom this week. I have no records from previous years, so I really can't say for sure if we're late. I look forward to a sandwich like Christa in D.C. - a beautiful Brandywine sandwich June 22 (boy, did that look yummy) - but probably not until September for me. Thanks for your comments on my green garden!

July 31, 2006 11:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden