Thursday, October 25, 2018

a year of garden photos

May 4: The peas are a few inches high, cover crop of winter rye is tall in some beds, and winter beds have greens growing.
05-04 IMG_2412

May 11: I just turned under the winter rye, crabapples and tulips are in bloom.
05-11 IMG_2530

May 30: I just planted tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers. Alliums are blooming. 05-30 IMG_2790

June 18: Everything is growing, including the weeds in the paths. Those are asparagus fronds across the view in the foreground. 06-18 IMG_7487

August 24: Time for eating fresh vegetables! 08-24 DSC00070

October 15: Beds with summer crops are cleared and ready for planting with some small seedlings to overwinter. 10-15 IMG_6023

October 21: Overwintering beds are covered with a single layer of fabric. Soon I'll add a layer of greenhouse plastic. 10-21 IMG_6154

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun series of pics!

caroleekmbs said...

Loved this overview of your changing, progressing garden.

Ann said...

Beautiful garden...The idea with containers is pretty good and it also looks nice - tidy and well organized. This spring I am going to do a little makeover in my garden so I have to try this. I am also going to build or buy a small greenhouse so I can grow there more demanding plants. I see that you have a lot of veggetables - the same as me. Tomatoes, peppers, peas are my "must grow" every year. This year, however, I want to experiment a bit and grow a new pea from https://gardenseedsmarket.com/pea-seeds-en/ called "Blauwschokker" . Have you heard about it? Is is hard to grow it?