Thursday, September 15, 2016

The seasons are moving on. The full Harvest Moon is tomorrow. Tonight the sky is like daylight. The great horned owl is hooting. I haven't heard him (her?) since last spring. The garden is winding down.

I'm thinking of where to plant my garlic and about setting up my winter bed. My fall greens are coming along (I hand water them every night). The last of my pickling and canning is nearing, especially since I had no fruit this year with our odd weather. Our whole area has no peaches or nectarines. I had no blossoms on any of my spring blooming trees. But gardeners are always looking ahead. I think next year will be a great year with lots of pears, apples, peaches, etc.

Well, I can't really complain about this year's garden. My tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, and squash have been great. And my greens. All in all, a really good garden year so far. I'm just a bit worried about this drought. It's really bad.

No comments: