Monday, May 23, 2016

community plot planted - finally

May 23! I can't believe I am planting so late this year. Today at my community plot I planted 4 varieties of seed potatoes today, lots of onions, leeks, and green onion seedlings. Also, flower seedlings: heliotrope, marigolds, and bells of Ireland. Flower seeds: sunflowers and nasturtium. The season has been chilly and the estimates are that the weather here is 2 weeks late in warming up. I think I'm another week late on top of that. We had a water problem at our community garden and finally got our water on this past weekend, so it worked out fine that I was late. I planted and then was able to water everything. It certainly has been dry here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HI, I am in the UK and today, after three days of sunshine and up to 20 degrees the wind has changed direction and the sky is grey and the temperature has dropped to 12 degrees I think we will all be starting to grow late this year.

Kerry said...

We are a ahead of schedule yet still cool (50s-60s) here in the Seattle area.

martin said...

here in Africa its always warm, nearly harvest time for the potatoes planted at the beginning of the long rains, between March and April.