Tuesday, November 02, 2010

long shadows in my plot

garden 5

Winter is approaching. The shadows are very long. My photos end up with areas of too dark shadows and areas of too bright light.

I've covered much of my garden with salt hay by now. There's a bit of lettuce, spinach and other greens hidden under the hay. Also some perennial flowers and my newly planted garlic crop. In the bare areas, small shoots of cover crops are starting to sprout. Winter rye and clover. These will grow during any warm spells we get or may just hang out and wait until spring to grow.

When Skippy waits for me in the garden now, he curls up in a ball in a sheltered spot to keep warm. I enjoy how nice and warm it is too, down next to the soil in the sunlight - as long as I stay out of the coollldd wind (bbbrrrr).

garden 1
garden 4 garden 2

4 comments:

Matron said...

It is difficult taking good photos this time of year! Skippy thinks that is a dog bed! not a veggie bed/

kathy said...

He gets a bit confused when there aren't any plants in the garden. And that hay is nice to curl up on.....

Maro said...

are difficult to grow plants in the country that have 4 seasons?
I can not imagine when the snow season.
I live in Indonesia, here there are only 2 seasons, summer and winter.

Seasonal-Gardening-Jobs said...

I love Gardening and I liked your Blog because there is very interesting post about gardening. In this blog, Dog is looking with very curiosity.