Tuesday, June 29, 2010

pumpkin on the counter

pumpkin

I suppose this is an unusual photo for summer.

Its a pumpkin I grew in my garden last year. I've enjoyed having its nice bright orange color on my counter all winter and spring. Its a Jarrahdale, a blue/gray pumpkin that ripened to orange midwinter. A really good keeper. This pumpkin is finally getting spots and so today I'm putting it out to the compost bin. :( I have a couple of new Jarrahdale plants in my garden that are growing fast in the heat. I'm looking forward to more of these.

4 comments:

kibbles said...

I would love to have a pumpkin around in the heat of summer- anything to remind me that cooler months are ahead!

Carys said...

Beautiful!

Stephanie from GardenTherapy.ca said...

ah, too bad you didn't eat it but yes it is lovely.

Toni said...

It is beautiful!

Wow... you got to enjoy it for a LONG time!