Sunday, August 27, 2006

Vegetable garden

I've been away for a week and the garden has been growing without me. We must have had good growing weather while I was gone. I've never had my tomatoes grow sooo tall! The squash plants are growing onto the carrots. The marigolds are blooming away. The pole beans grew a foot. The carrots are quite big (what am I going to do with all those carrots anyway?). And the basil is quickly producing a second crop. I had scattered lettuce seeds in many areas and the seedlings are growing.
.

3 comments:

Sigruns German Garden said...

Your garden locks very good, I like raised beds. I wish, I have better soil and can grow vegetables, but we have heavy clay soil and I'm only lucky with my raised bed, I have one.

Sigrun

Honey said...

I dunno what you did..since this was 3 years ago, but you could've froze them, cut up or in whole. Then during the fall and winter you could've had a bunch of stews with lots of yummy carrots!

kathy said...

Sad, but those carrots got bugs in the roots after another month. I had to compost most of them. :(

A good lesson for making sure to rotate. And I think this area isn't sunny enough for carrots they grow too slow and I'm not going to grow carrots here again.