This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

today's harvest

I pulled a big bowlful of cilantro greens today. I planted these last summer, but they came up and bolted, so I let them go. They self-sprouted a couple months ago. Today, we had a delicious salsa fresco.

harvest IMG_6141

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Cavallaro said...

Hi Kathy, I am envious of your cilantro. Mine are always thin and rage before they bolt every year also. Just curious. How many cilantro plants do you have that gave you that nice yield?

May 18, 2016 6:03 AM

 
Anonymous Lacey said...

Don't you just love things that self-seed?! Easy gardening!

May 18, 2016 1:17 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

There are about 30 plants in this bunch. Another 30 still growing in the garden. I never get them to grow this nice in summer either. Yes I love the self-seeders! They are a nice surprise.

May 22, 2016 8:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden