This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

visiting my parents garden

My parents gardens is especially beautiful this year. I am envious of their garlic. It is beginning to form scapes. The plants are big and deep green - no yellow leaves yet. My garlic has suffered from my under-watering and, though it is also beginning to scape, has yellowing leaves already. A friend has a recipe for garlic scape pickles that I look forward to trying soon.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Janice in NY said...

May garlic is also beginning to scape and has yellowing leaves. I thought I was watering well. We did have very dry weather.

June 11, 2015 7:48 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

I'm not sure it's really the dryness that's caused my garlic to get yellow leaves. I've been pulling them when the only have 4-5 green leaves left and the ones I'm pulling are all rotted. I think maybe I didn't rotate property. May have grown garlic or onions in the bed recently and it's built up some rotting disease. I have about 25 nice plants left from the 60 or so I planted.

June 13, 2015 2:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden