This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

snow blowing the garden

My husband and I removed a good foot of snow from the garden today. Husband pulled the snow blower down there and made fast work of it. I just want to see some soil!! I hope this will help. IMG_0792 IMG_0782IMG_0794

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I love that you snow blowed the garden off... Where there is a will, there is a way... A girls gotta get to her DIRT! :-)

March 26, 2015 1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Dana K said...

Those pictures gave me a chuckle. Did you ever think you would have to snow blow your garden? It's amazing how much snow we still have in our yard.

March 27, 2015 2:31 PM

 
Blogger Lady of LaMancha said...

Oh my gosh, this is hysterical! But, look how dark and rich that soil is. I have such dirt envy.

March 27, 2015 5:39 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Yes, the soil is so nice! Today it is thawed down to about 3 inches of soil in the newly cleared beds. My pea bed that I cleared over a week ago is fully thawed.

I have a new idea. I don't trust this spring weather enough to plant peas outside yet, so I'm going to get them going inside. I'll start up some peas, arugula and spinach that I usually start outside.

March 28, 2015 8:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden