This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

fall seedlings

fall seedlings_9639 fall seedlings_9638 fall seedlings_9629 fall seedlings_9627 fall seedlings_9627 fall seedlings_9626 Weather permitting, these little seedlings will all grow to full size and before cold weather and low light prevents their growth. I'm hoping to also have extra to cover and harvest during the winter.

The seedlings include all sorts of varieties of: lettuce, arugula, escarole, broccoli, bok choi, mustards, and Asian greens.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stefani Bel said...

It nice that you are able to grow even in the cold weather. Yesterday I planted some lettuce when my zucchini was previously. Can't waste any space ; )

September 23, 2014 11:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden