Saturday, August 30, 2014

making pickles!

canning_9499 I don't have much experience making pickles, but I'm putting up as much as I can this year. I got the Ball Home Preserving Book (edited by Judi Kingry & Lauren Devine). In the past couple weeks I've made:
Dilled Beans
End of the Garden Pickles
Grandma's Dill Pickles

Not from this book, I've also made:
Blue Ribbon Dill Pickles
Annie's Salsa
Half Sour Pickles Deli Style, these were too salty for us and went to the compost

My favorite pickle recipe so far:
NY Times Sour Pickles, a fantastic, simple deli half sour dill pickle. Yumm!

I plan to make a few more recipes from the Ball book:
Cucumber Relish
Sauerkraut
Victorian Barbeque Sauce

Also, I have a bunch of pear recipes marked as I've got a big crop ripening on my trees. The recipes sound really good.

canning_9496 canning_9494 canning_9501

No comments: