This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

sunning seedlings

sunning onion seedlings 018 Such a nice day, my seedlings were sunning outside. It was near 60*F on our sunny patio. Still a foot of snow, but melting fast. My onion seedlings are growing and the celeriac have sprouted. My 6 year old onion seeds still haven't come up. Last year they eventually sprouted, so I'm giving them more time.

celeriac seedlings 020


Blogger Run Lori Run said...

looking forward to seeing your garden this year!

February 23, 2014 10:36 PM

Blogger Margaret said...

Hi Kathy,

I have onion seedlings here around the same size. How big do you let them get before planting them out? I live in Australia, so snow isn't a problem! But I've never grown from seed before so I'm a bit stumped!


February 24, 2014 9:05 PM

Anonymous matt said...

Love your blog, Kathy. I just stumbled across your page on "sunning seedlings." Reminds me that I need to get my seedlings in gear for spring planting. Hoping for an excellent year for my Brandywine tomatoes!

Saw your pictures from last year's garden. Very impressive! I have a large(ish) garden at my house...about 1,000 square feet. Keeps me busy from spring through fall.

I will definitely be following your blog in the upcoming months!

Also, I have a yellow lab named Cleo. She loves my garden as well :)



February 24, 2014 10:35 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden