This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

onion sprouts!

onion sprouts 157 My onion seedlings are up!

These are all 1 year old seeds. The 6 year old seeds haven't come up yet (but they did last year).

onion sprouts 163

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger kathy said...

I can't believe what a bad job of planting I did! I filled the soil right up to the top of the cells. Stupid. When I water the water runs right off and over the edges. I've put towel under the tray to catch all the runoff. It's like I never sowed seeds and made a dumb mistake..... Duh! Don't overfill the soil!

February 17, 2014 11:23 PM

 
Anonymous Marian (LondonUK) said...

Never mind, we all have those moments. You are well prepared, it is lovely to see green shoots. I need to make an expedition through the overfull garage to recover my pots and trays, could be difficult better take supplies!
Marian (LondonUK)

February 19, 2014 5:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden