This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

today's harvest

two fall cabbages 046 late fall bok choi harvest 048 garden harvest nov 14 parsnips 049 skippy with late fall harvest 052 Today I harvested big and baby bok choy, tiny heads of red and savoy cabbage, a lot of lettuce and escarole, a big bunch of parsnips, and one overlooked carrot.



Anonymous Marian(LondonUK) said...

Hi Kathy! What a lovely harvest, the Choi looks fantastic. We have lots of lettuce still, and some over-wintering ones under a poly-tunnel. I have been cooking it french style, with spring onions and peas. Delicious with Lamb and Chicken.
Marian (LondonUK)

November 15, 2012 3:02 AM

Blogger Sherri Greene said...

You've got a wonderful harvest here! I'm hopeful for the same soon!

December 04, 2012 1:59 PM

Blogger Sherri Greene said...

I'm a little envious of your gorgeous harvest! My greens didn't come out quite as well. :) I hope you enjoy everything!

December 04, 2012 2:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden